Starting point: Golconda Fort, 6:15 PM (Hotel pickup at 5:30 PM)
Ending point: Nimrah Cafe and Bakery, 10:30 PM (Hotel drop off at 11:15 PM)
An ideal evening introduction to the city of Hyderabad – perfect for an after-work exploration of the city. We start off with a sound and light show at the historical capital of the region. This 45-minute show recounts the history of the region and the Golkonda fort with an award-winning show featuring India’s best-known actors.
After this, we take a drive past some of Hyderabad’s modern showpieces – the Cyberabad district, the hanging bridge over the Secret Lake, the massive Secretariat, the tallest statue of Dr. Ambedkar (India’s Martin Luther King Jr.) in the world and the Telangana Martyrs’ Memorial. We also drive past the Hussain Sagar, the 500 year old artificial lake with a giant Buddha statue on an island in the middle of it.
We reach the historic city center, where we explore the lanes on foot, stopping to eat at several local food places. We sample local favourites – kebabs, bheja, paya masala, fried fish and lassi. Optionally, we can also step into the locally famous pearls and bangles shops.
We end the walk with some delicious Irani chai and Osmania biscuits at the world-famous-in-Hyderabad Nimrah Cafe and Bakery, as we take in a beautiful view of the Charminar.
- Sound and light show at Golconda Fort
- Drive on the illuminated Durgam Cheruvu bridge
- Drive by the illuminated Secretariat, Ambedkar statue and Martyr’s Memorial
- Take in the Tank Bund and Buddha Statue
- Walk through the oldest part of Hyderabad and sample some local delicacies
- Marvel at the Charminar and the four gateways that were built in 1591 – the historic city center
- Check out a pearls shop and a handmade bangle shop (optional)
- End with some Irani chai and Osmania biscuits, just like us locals
1 person: Rs 6500
2 persons: Rs 5,500 per person
3 persons: Rs 5,000 per person
4 persons and above: Rs 4500 per person
1 or 2 guests: Rs 4000
3 or 4 guests: Rs 5000
More than 4 guests, please ask for pricing.
Curated by John Wilson
John is one of Hyderabad’s senior-most guides with over 30 years of experience. Born and raised in Hyderabad, John is passionate about sharing his city with visitors from all over the world. This experience has been curated and designed by John.